ORGANIZE A RETREAT
Elke Bayer, the director of Balaiana owned a yoga studio for 10 years, taught also many retreats abroad so she knew exactly the needs of yoga groups.
You will feel her experience in every detail of the place. Nestled in the vast countryside and near the beaches of the Gallura, Sardinia, we have created the very comfortable, enjoyable, stress-free environment you can possibly imagine. We have created a beautiful Yoga studio and developed our Retreat Centre Facilities to comfortably accommodate your group.
- The Rooms
- The Indoor Yogashala
- The Outdoor Yogaspace
- Additional Program we offer
- Treatments & Coachings / Readings
- The Food
- How to get to Balaiana
- Surrounding / Beaches
– the center offers 10 rooms for max. 22 persons: 8 Double (3 of them also perfectly for the use as a single) and 2 triple rooms
– All box spring beds can be separated or be combined due to the request of the students
– all rooms have en-suite bathrooms with shower and toilet
– are carefully designed in natural style with simple non disturbing decoration.
– Size 120qm
– High Quality Equipment: 25 Yogamats, 20 Manduka Bolster, 40 Yogablocks, 20 Yogablankets, 22 Yogabelts, 12 Black Rolls, 18 Massage Balls
– Marshal Soundsytem which can be connected through bluetooth or cable.
– Music Instruments: indian harmonium, singing bowles, steel tongue drum
– 25 Yogamats only for outdoor-use
– Meditation cushions
– big Ganesha Statue
– Meditation walk to our sacred cave
– Cooking class
– Hiking excursion
– Meditative canoe trip
– Boat trip to the Maddalena Archipel
– Visit of a near by vineyard with wine tasting
– Windsurfing or Kite Lessons
– Bodywork: In our cosy spa we offer holistic massage treatments
– Soulwork: Private Coachings or Akasha Chronik readings can be booked with Elke
– We serve healthy vegetarian meals in buffet style
– Eco-food for us means: local, seasonal, mostly organic products from the local farmers in our area
– We serve typical sardinian dishes as well as creative cuisine f.e. influenced by the ayurvedic tradition – The Balaiana Cookbook will be available soon!
– vegan, gluten free, diary free on request, we take care of any food intolerances
– Easy to reach by plane and car from the most important European countries, f.e with Eurowings, Condor, Meridiana, Alitalia and Easy Jet.
– closest Airport is Olbia, 39 km, 40 minutes drive
– Alghero, 134 km, 1h50 minutes drive
– Cagliari (not recommended because it´s far away) 280km, 3h30 minutes drive
– We highly recommend a rental car for staying at Balaiana, because we are situated in the countryside and no public transportation is available near by and taxis are pretty expensive in Sardinia
– closest Harbors if you want to come by your own car by ferry: Olbia, Porto Torres, Golfo Aranci (check Grimaldi Lines, Moby Lines, Tirrenia, Corsica Ferry)
– The resort is located close to Luogosanto, with 22 sanctuaries spread out close by in the area.
– Beaches are all in reach between a 20-30 minutes drive like: Porto Pollo (famous surfing area), Costa Smeralda, Cannigione, Tanca Mana, Rena Majore, Vignola Mare, Costa Serena
– Famous Capo Testa / Santa Teresa is about a 40 minutes drive
– Boats going to the Maddalena Archipel starting from Palau about 30 minutes drive
– Arzachena with a nice rural market on wednesdays 15 minutes
– Artist village San Pantaleo with galleries, nice shops and cafe bars about 30 minutes, beautiful market in the season on thursdays